1. Making charge of the Department as a custodian of patient Medical Records.
2. Advising Management on health records & Information matter.
3. Designing, Developing &instituting methods for collection and presentation of health information.
4. Participating in policy formation in matters relating to health/medical records research and planning.
5. Monitoring and evaluation of health information activities/program.
i. Central Library Unit
ii. Outpatient Services Unit (Consultative Clinic and Documentation Sections)
iii. Inpatient Services Unit (Coding and Indenting and Admission(Discharge Sections))
iv. Statistics/Data Processing Unit
v. Monitoring & Evaluation (ART) Unit
vi. NHIS/ Retainer-ship Unit
vii. Accident & Emergency (A&E) Unit